Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso was the fastest during Free Practice 2 of Motul Grand Prix of Japan as defending champions Marc Marquez finished sixth in the second session at Motegi on Friday.
Where to Watch Live
The third practice session starts at 1am BST. Live coverage of the qualifying for the Aragon Republic Grand Prix starts at 4:15am BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest during the first practice session on Friday after clocking a time of 1:45.838s. However, the Spaniard failed to continue his Free Practice 1 form into the final session, losing the top spot to the Ducati rider.
Dovizioso was able to beat Lorenzo's FP1 time after clocking 1:45.140s. The Yamaha rider was 0.440s behind the Italian in the second spot. LCR rider Stefan Bradl was third, while Honda's Dani Pedrosa was fourth as he was 0.587s behind Dovizioso.
Lorenzo's Yamaha teammate Valentino Rossi was fifth, while championship leader and defending champion Marquez finished in sixth spot during FP2 after being the second fastest during Friday's first session.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from Motegi:
1. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:45.140s
2. Jorge Lorenzo (Esp) Yamaha 1:45.580s
3. Stefan Bradl (Ger) LCR 1:45.637s
4. Dani Pedrosa (Esp) Honda 1:45.727s
5. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:45.890s
6. Marc Marquez (Esp) Honda 1:45.939s
7. Pol Espargaro (Esp) Tech 3 1:46.041s
8. Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:46.105s
9. Andrea Iannone (Ita) Pramac 1:46.107s
10. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) Ducati 1:46.221s