OnePlus One users are in for a treat as the industrious CyanogenMod team has rolled out the latest Android 6.0 based CyanogenMod 13 (CM13) Nightly ROM for the flagship smartphone. Enjoy the visually tweaked UI enhancements and updated Theme Engine with the revamped CM13 build for OnePlus One, which promises a complete Marshmallow experience on a custom ROM.
Interested users can download the latest nightly builds of CM13 ROM for the device codenamed bacon via official CyanogenMod download page and then follow our step-by-step guide below to install the same. IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to device, during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The instructions given in this guide are meant for OnePlus One only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the ROM.
- Back up data and settings use a recommended custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup. In Recovery, choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup.
- Verify correct USB drivers for the phone are installed on the computer (download OnePlus One USB drivers).
- Enable USB Debugging mode via Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 5.0 or above) or Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Ensure that the device is rooted with CWM recovery installed and its bootloader is unlocked.
Steps to install Android 6.0 CM13 ROM on OnePlus One
Step 1 - Download Android 6.0 CM13 ROM for OnePlus One on the computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded CM13 ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Boot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together.
Step 6 - Once the phone enters TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe button. Then swipe on the Swipe to Factory Reset option at the bottom.
Step 7 - Then return to the main recovery menu and tap on the Install button. Choose the zip file that you coped earlier to your phone's SD card from the list.
Step 8 - Confirm the installation on next screen by swiping on the 'Swipe to Confirm Flash' option and the firmware installation should begin.
Step 9 - Once the ROM installation completes, tap on Wipe Cache/Dalvik button to prevent boot loop issues. Finally, tap on Reboot System button in the Recovery menu.
The phone will now reboot, which would take around five minutes to complete. So, please be patient.
Your OnePlus One is now running the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update via CM13 custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.