Brussels lockdown
Belgian soldiers and police patrol in central Brussels as police searched the area during a continued high level of security following the recent deadly Paris attacksReuters

A fourth suspect has been charged by Belgian police in relation to the deadly co-ordinated attack on Paris. The man, who is unnamed, was one of 16 people arrested in Sunday raids. All the other suspects have been released without charge.

The Belgian federal prosecutor's office released a statement that the man had been charged with "participation in the activities of a terrorist group and a terrorist attack".

Of the five arrested on Monday (23 November), two have been released. The prosecutor said that "further enquiries" are ongoing with regard to the three other people. Mohammed Amri, 27, and Hamza Attou, 20, have already been charged with aiding Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam, who remains at large. A third, unnamed suspect has also been charged.

Federal prosecutor Eric Van Der Sypt added that no firearms or explosives were found in the 19 raids carried out on Sunday.

Authorities say they plan to reopen schools and the metro on Wednesday 25 November. However, Belgian PM Charles Michel told reporters that the rest of the nation would stay at the second-highest security level, warning of mulitple and co-ordinated strike, similar to the Paris attack. "The threat is imminent. We ask our population to stay calm," he said.

In Paris, French police released a statement that an explosive belt without a detonator was found in Paris - in the same place that Saleh Abdeslam's cell phone was localised on the day of the attacks that killed 130 people. The belt was found to contain bolts and the same explosives used in the Paris attacks. 26-year-old Abdeslam is still on the run. The belt was found on Monday by a street sweeper in a pile of rubble in Montrouge, a suburb in the south of Paris.