Poland's new government does not agree with European Union (EU) migrant quotas and now in the face of the Paris attacks they "do not see the political possibilities to implement" them, the country's European Affairs minister has said.
Writing in the right wing news portal wPolityce.pl, Konrad Szymanski said the tragic events "showed a weakness in Europe" which he said was still vulnerable to attacks.
He said his Law and Justice (PiS) party which won last month's election had criticised EU policy for the relocation of migrants, which was agreed to by Poland's outgoing government.
Under plan's agreed to by the liberal Civic Platform (PO) party, Poland is set to take in around 4,500 refugees from Syria. The country had already accepted 2,000.
Poland's incoming Prime Minister Beata Szydlo lit a candle at the French Institute in the southern city of Cracow but she refused to comment on the migrant issue at a later briefing.
But Szymanski, who takes up his position on Monday, said her new government "did not see the political possibilities to implement" it. During the election their party campaigned against the government's decision to admit the migrants.
In a separate interview with RMF Radio he said the decision was valid for all EU countries "but its implementation is very hard to imagine today."
"We have to wait for the EU Court of Justice, for Brussel's reaction," he said.
Islamic State militants claimed responsibility for the Paris attacks which left 127 people dead, claiming its fighters, wearing suicide bomb belts and carrying assault rifles, carried out the attacks in various locations in the heart of the capital which were carefully studied, in an official statement.