Eight of the world's ten biggest Ikea stores are in China, catering to the country's growing middle class. The stores are designed with extra room displays, as customers tend to make their visits an all-day affair.
Ikea store management don't discourage shoppers from sleeping on furniture - beds and sofas are often marked with signs inviting customers to try them out.
- Ikea to Double German Market Share with New Stores and Online Sales
- Sweden's Ikea Gets Approval to Open Stores in India
- Burberry shares up on FTSE 100 after acquisition of 50 China stores announced
- Apple iPhone 4S Sale Cancelled in Beijing Amid Chaos [SLIDESHOW]
- H&M Eyes Internet and Store Expansion to Counteract Profit Plunge
- Tesco in 'Exclusive Talks' over £10bn Merger with China Resources Enterprise