- Pope Francis reduces penalties for paedophile priests to a lifetime of prayer
- Oscars 2017: With predictable winners and a safe host, is this the most boring Academy Awards yet?
- Human ancestors painted just like Van Gogh 38,000 years ago
- Kim Dotcom: From living the dream to losing it all – tech millionaire reveals his fight for freedom
- Standard Life profit beats expectations as firm targets India expansion
Articles by Gianluca Mezzofiore
Gianluca Mezzofiore is a senior foreign news reporter at International Business Times UK.
At the beginning of 2012, Gianluca was shortlisted at the Online Media Awards 2012 for Best Campaigning/Investigative Journalism for his articles on "Cyber Warfare and the Rise of the Hacktivist".
His back catalogue includes breaking news, features and exclusives on the Bahrain uprising; the 969 movement of Buddhist monk Wirathu and the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar; the far-right Golden Dawn party in Greece; Russian LGBT rights; Eritrea's refugees in the Sinai; Turkey's Gulen movement and Bangladesh's factory disasters.
Gianluca's portfolio includes The Independent, the i newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, the Evening Standard and VICE Italia.