- World Turtle Day 2016: Why are sea turtles facing extinction?
- Pirate Bay loses hydra and .se domains, returning to original .org address following legal challenges
- Abu Sayyaf: Isis group gives 'final' warning on beheading of Canadian and Norwegian hostages
- Al-Qaeda 'determined to use Afghanistan' to plan major terror attacks against the West
- Bayer lodges $62bn cash bid to acquire Monsanto
Gianluca Mezzofiore is a senior foreign news reporter at International Business Times UK.
At the beginning of 2012, Gianluca was shortlisted at the Online Media Awards 2012 for Best Campaigning/Investigative Journalism for his articles on "Cyber Warfare and the Rise of the Hacktivist".
His back catalogue includes breaking news, features and exclusives on the Bahrain uprising; the 969 movement of Buddhist monk Wirathu and the Rohingya genocide in Myanmar; the far-right Golden Dawn party in Greece; Russian LGBT rights; Eritrea's refugees in the Sinai; Turkey's Gulen movement and Bangladesh's factory disasters.
Gianluca's portfolio includes The Independent, the i newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, the Evening Standard and VICE Italia.
Follow : @GianlucaMezzo