- Car rams Muslims celebrating Eid in Newcastle injuring six
- Fall premiere dates 2017: Find out when The Flash, Big Bang Theory and other shows return on TV
- Disabled people forcibly removed from wheelchairs and dragged out of Trumpcare protest
- British man raped son, 3, and warned him not to tell or 'he wouldn't go on the tractor'
- Villagers suspect bestiality after 'half human, half lamb' is born to ewe
Articles by Mary-Ann Russon
Mary-Ann Russon is Senior Technology Reporter for the International Business Times UK. Her work recently earned her a nomination for Digital Writer of the Year at The Drum Online Media Awards 2016 and she was shortlisted for Technology Journalist of the Year at the UK Tech Awards 2016.
Mary-Ann currently focuses on consumer technology — futuristic technologies like drones, 3D printing and robotics (artificial intelligence/machine learning); IT and mobile security; medical and scientific technology breakthroughs; aerospace and defence; quantum computing; retro tech; quirky, unusual geek stories; technology and its intersection with politics, crime and human rights; archaeology and anthropology; with a little bit of outer space thrown in too (yes, it's a wide remit).
A self-confessed geekette, Mary-Ann was formerly Deputy Editor of Mobile Europe and has written for The Economist, European Communications, Computerworld UK, Techworld.com, PC Advisor, Macworld UK, Digital Arts, iPad & iPhone User, TotalFilm, NEO Magazine and the Bournemouth Daily Echo in the UK. In Singapore, she was Editor of Asian MobileNews and wrote for The Straits Times, TODAY, and FiRST – Asia's Premier Movie Magazine.
- Hinkley Point nuclear plant deal 'risky and expensive', says watchdog
- UK competition watchdog targets online gambling firms who cheat punters out of winnings
- Japanese drugmaker suspended from UK drugs body over 'lamentable' concern for patient safety
- Virgin Media urges 800,000 customers to change passwords over hacking fears