Fabio Borini
Lambert arrival won't affect Borini's future, says agent.GettyImages

Rickie Lambert's arrival at Liverpool will not force Fabio Borini out of Liverpool, according to the Italian's agent.

The former Southampton striker was confirmed as Brendan Rodgers' first signing of the summer on Monday as the Reds' boss aims to sufficiently bolster his squad ahead of the club's return to the Champions League next season.

But the addition of another striker has cast doubt on the future of Borini, who has just returned to Anfield following an excellent loan spell with Sunderland.

Rodgers, who brought the Italian to Merseyside having previously worked with him at Swansea City and Chelsea, has indicated the 23-year-old will remain a part of his squad next season and the striker's agent Marco De Marchi has echoed those sentiments, insisting his client is not looking for a move.

"Does Lambert's arrival close the door on Fabio Borini? No, I don't think so," Marchi told Tutto Mercato Web. "We have received no communications in that regard.

"In this last season, Fabio gave a considerable contribution towards keeping Sunderland up. He was praised by everyone, especially be the Liverpool manager Rodgers.

"So, after his holidays he will go back to Liverpool to prepare for the new season wearing the shirt of this historic club.

"He wants to compete with everyone and be an extra resource for the coach and the team. Borini could be of use to any team, but no one has contacted us and his desire is to show what he has got at Liverpool."

With a forward line of Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge, Lambert and Borini, Liverpool are expected to focus on other areas of their squad over the course of the summer.

The club are reportedly close for sealing a deal for Sevilla full back Alberto Moreno worth in the region of €22m, while their pursuit of Adam Lallana may be on hold after Southampton released a statement insisting they will avoid transfer negotiations until they name a new manager.