Wednesday witnessed probably the most shocking upsets of the 2014 French Open when Serena Williams and Venus Williams were knocked out by Garbine Muguruza and Anna Schmiedlova, respectively, in the second round of the Women's Singles.
Meanwhile, 2012 Roland Garros champion, Maria Sharapova, overcame Tsvetana Pironkova to book her place in round three.
In the Men's Singles, Novak Djokovic progressed into the third round after defeating Jeremy Chardy in straight sets. Joining him in the last-32 was 17-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer who beat Diego Sebastian Schwartzman in a similar fashion as the Serbian.
Day five, Thursday, will see defending champion Rafael Nadal in action along with his compatriot and fifth seed, David Ferrer.
British No 1 Andy Murray, who ousted Andrey Golubev in the first round, will also take to the court, looking to progress as far as he can in the quest for his first crown in Paris.
Where to Watch Live
The matches will be played across 16 different courts and are set to begin at 10am BST. Live coverage will be on ITV 4, British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2. Radio commentary, regular updates and live scores are available on Roland Garros' official website.
NOTE: All timings mentioned are in BST.
Men's Singles – Round Two
Nadal registered a convincing victory against Robby Ginepri in the first round conceding only three points. The Spaniard won 6-0, 6-3, 6-0 over the veteran wildcard entrant on Monday.
The world no 1 now takes on Dominic Thiem in what is their first ever meeting. The 20-year-old Austrian overcame Paul-Henri Mathieu in straight sets needing 128 minutes to beat the Frenchman.
The game between Nadal and Thiem is scheduled to begin on Court Philippe Chatrier at 12pm.
Ferrer is in action against Simone Bolelli in the very first action of the day on Court Suzanne Lenglen at 10am. The 32-year-old Spaniard triumphed over Dutchman Igor Sijsling while the Italian had little trouble in overcoming compatriot Andrea Arnaboldi.
Having missed out on last year's edition due to a back injury, Murray began the quest for his maiden Grand Slam title in Paris by defeating Kazakhstan's Golubev on Tuesday.
After cruising to victory in the first two sets the Scot stumbled in the third set but recovered in the fourth set to win, 6-1, 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, to secure his place in the second round. The 27-year-old Glaswegian now faces Marinko Matosevic, who progressed at the expense of Dustin Brown.
The game between Murray and Matosevic is scheduled to begin at 3pm.
· Richard Gasquet (France) v Carlos Berlocq (Argentina) – Court Philippe Chatrier – 3pm
· Gael Monfils (France) v Jan-Lennard Struff (Germany) – Court Suzanne Lenglen – 5pm
· Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (Spain) v Adrian Mannarino (France) – Court 1 – 12pm
· Pablo Cuevas (Uruguay) v Fernando Verdaasco (Spain) – Court 2 – 2pm
· Thomaz Bellucci (Brazil) v Fabio Fognini (Italy) – Court 2 – 5pm
· Donald Young (USA) v Feliciano Lopez (Spain) – Court 3 – 10am
· Andreas Seppi (Italy) v Juan Monaco (Argentina) – Court 3 – 1pm
· Philipp Khlschreiber (Germany) v Denis Istomin – Court 6 – 2pm
· Axel Michon (France) v Kevin Anderson (South Africa) – Court 7 – 10am
· Jack Sock (USA) v Steve Johnson (USA) – Court 7 – 3pm
· Dusan Lajovic (Serbia) v Jurgen Zopp (Estonia) – Court 14 – 1pm
· Ivo Karlovic (Croatia) v Andreas Haider-Maurer (Austria) – Court 16 – 10am
· Leonardo Mayer (Argentina) v Teymuraz Gabashvili (Russia) – Court 17 – 12pm
Women's Singles – Round Two
Great Britain's Heather Watson is in action against Women's no 4, Simona Halep. The 22-year-old surprised Barvora Zahlavova Strycova in straight sets, 6-3, 6-4. Her second round opponent, on the other hand, crushed Alisa Kleybanova 6-0, 6-2, taking just 56 minutes.
This match is scheduled to take place on Court 1 at 6pm.
· Jelena Jankovic (Serbia) v Kurumi Nara (Japan) – Court Philippe Chatrier – 10am
· Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) v Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) – Court Philippe Chatrier – 6pm
· Alison Riske (USA) v Kristina Mladenovic (France) – Court Suzanne Lenglen – 1pm
· Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) v Marina Erakovic (New Zealand) - Court Suzanne Lenglen – 3pm
· Sloane Stephens (USA) v Polona Hercog (Slovakia) – Court 1 – 10am
· Camila Giorgi (Italy) v Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) – Court 2 – 10am
· Monica Niculescu (Romania) v Paula Ormaechea (Argentina) stands at, 6-2, 2-0 – Court 2 – To be continued after 11:30am
· Dinah Pfizenmaier (Germany) v Sara Errani (Italy) – Court 2 – 12pm
· Teliana Pereira (Brazil) v Sorana Cirstea (Romania) – Court 3 – 4pm
· Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (Spain) v Magdalena Rybarikova (Slovakia) – Court 4 – 11am
· Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia) – Court 5 – 10am
· Coco Vandegweghe (USA) v Ekaterina Makarova (Russia) – Court 5 – 12pm
· Kirsten Flipkens (Belgium) v Julia Glushko (Israel) – Court 6 – 10am
· Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic) v Casey Dellacqua (Australia) – Court 6 – 12pm
· Pauline Parmentier (France) v Yaroslava Shvedova (Kazakhstan) stands at, 1-6, 6-3, 2-1 – Court 7 – To be continued after 11:30am
· Andrea Petkovic (Germany) v Stefaine Voegele (Switzerland) – Court 7 – 1pm
· Yanina Wickmayer (Belgium) v Silvia Soler-Espinosa (Spain) – Court 17 – 10am
· Santiago Giraldo & Alejandro Gonzalez (Both Colombia) v Treat Huey & Dominic Inglot (Philippines/Great Britain) – Court 8 – 12pm
Andre Begemann & Robin Haase (Germany/Netherlands) v Fabrice Martin & Hugo Nys (Both France) stands at, 6-3, 1-1 – Court 17 – To be continued after 12pm
· Pierre-Hugues Herbert & Albano Olivetti (Both France) v Feliciano Lopez & Jurgen Melzer (Austria) – Court 17 – 5pm
· Bob Bryan & Mike Bryan (Both USA) v Jonathan Eysseric & Marc Gicquel (Both France) – Court 7 – 6pm
· Daniel Nestor & Nenad Zimonjic (Canada/Serbia) v Roberto Bautista Agut & Igor Sijsling (Spain/Netherlands) – Court 8 – 1pm
· Nicholas Monroe & Simon Stadler (USA/Germany) v Jean-Julien Rojer & Horia Tecau (Netherlands/Romania) – Court 10 – 11:30pm
· Marcel Granollers & Marc Lopez (Both Spain) v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez & Philipp Oswald (Spain/Austria) – Court 11 – 5pm
· Jeremy Chardy & Oliver Marach (France/Austria) v Lukasz Kubot & Robert Lindstedt (Poland/Sweden) – Court 14 – 11am
· Rohan Bopanna & Aisam-Ul-Haq Quereshi (India/Pakistan) v Jonathan Erlich & Marcelo Melo (Israel/Brazil) – Court 16 – 1pm
Women's Doubles – Round One
· Amandine Hesse & Mathilde Johansson (Both France) v Shuko Aoyama (Japan/Czech Republic) – Court 4 – 1pm
· Julia Goerges & Anna-Lena Groenefeld (Both Germany) v Dominika Cibulkova & Kirsten Flipkens (Slovakia/Belgium) – Court 4 – 3pm
· Yung-Jan Chan & Hao-Ching Chan (Both Chinese Taipei) v Kurumi Nara & Anna Schmiedlova (Japan/Slovakia) – Court 5 – 2pm
· Irina Buryachok & Vladimira Uhlirova (Ukraine/Czech Republic) v Julie Coin & Pauline Parmentier (Both France) – Court 5 – 4pm
· Alize Cornet & Caroline Garcia (Both France) v Kristina Mladenovic & Flavia Pennetta (France/Italy) – Court 6 – 5pm
· Sandra Klemenschitis & Yvonne Meusburger (Both Austria) v Raquel Kops-Jones & Abigail Spears (Both USA) – Court 9 – 11am
· Ajla Tomljanovic & Shuai Zhang (Croatia/China) v Gabriela Dabrowski & Alicja Rosolska (Canada/Poland) – Court 9 – 1pm
· Garbine Muguruza & Carla Suarez Navarro (Both Spain) v Mirjana Lucic-Baroni & Sloane Stephens (Croatia/USA) – Court 9 – 3pm
· Alix Collombon & Chloe Paquet (Both France) v Ekaterina Makarova & Elena Vesnina (Both Russia) – Court 9 – 5pm
· Su-Wei Hsieh & Shuai Peng (Chinese Taipei/China) v Svetlana Kuznetsova & Samantha Stosur (Both Australia) – Court 10 – 2pm
· Klara Koukalova & Monica Niculescu (Czech Republic/Romania) v Monica Puig & Yanina Wickmayer (Puerto Rico/Belgium) – Court 10 – 4pm
· Daniela Hantuchova & Shahar Peer (Slovakia/Israel) v Cara Black & Sania Mirza (Zimbabwe/India) – Court 11 – 11am
· Mona Barthel & Virginie Razzano (Germany/France) v Irina-Camelia Begu & Karin Knapp (Romania/Italy) – Court 11 – 1pm
· Ashleigh Barty & Casey Dellacqua (Both Australia) v Polona Hercog & Paula Ormaechea (Slovenia/Argentina) – Court 11 – 3pm
· Andrea Petkovic & Magdalena Rybarikova (Germany/Slovakia) v Claire Feuerstein & Alize Lim (Both France) – Court 14 – 6pm
· Kimiko Date-Krumm & Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (Japan/Czech Republic) v Anabel Medina Garrigues & Yaroslava Shvedova (Spain/Kazakhstan) – Court 16 – 3pm
· Timea Babos & Varvara Lepchenko (Hungary/USA) v Sara Errani & Roverta Vinci (Both Italy) – Court 16- 5pm
· Martina Hingis & Sabine Lisicki (Switzerland/Germany) v Jarmila Gajdosova & Janette Husarova (Australia/Slovakia) – Court 17 – 3pm
Mixed Doubles – Round One
· Sania Mirza & Horia Tecau (India/Romania) v Kveta Peschke & Marcin Matkowski (Czech Republic/Poland) – Court 4 – 5pm
· Arantxa Parra Santonja & Santiago Gonzalez (Spain/Mexico) v Lisa Raymond & John Peers (USA/Australia) – Court 8 – 10am
· Cara Black & Robert Farah (Zimbabwe/Colombia) v Alla Kudryavtseva & Treat Huey (Russia/Philippines) – Court 8 – 4pm
· Liezel Huber & Juan Sebastian Cabal (USA/Colombia) v Stephanie Foretz Gacon & Edouard Roger-Vasselin (Both France) – Court 10 – 10am
· Anna-Lena Groenefeld & Jean-Hulien Rojer (Germany/Netherlands) v Jie Zheng & Scott Lipsky (China/USA) stands at, 7-5, 3-3 – Court 11 – 7pm
· Anastasia Rodionova & Colin Fleming (Australia/Great Britain) v Raquel Kops-Jones & Raven Klaasen (USA/South Africa) – Court 14 – 3pm