Rolf Harris will stand trial again over historic sex offences after he was charged with sexually assaulting seven females including a girl believed to be under 13. The disgraced former BBC presenter appeared at Southwark Crown Court via videolink on Friday after he was accused attacks dating back more than 45 years.
The 86-year-old faces eight allegations against seven females dating from 1971 to 2004 – one of whom is said to have been under 13. He was charged earlier this year with seven counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault as part of Operation Yewtree, the Met Police probe into child sex abuse.
Harris, who denies the charges, stands accused of assaulting the 13-year-old girl in 1977. The earliest complaint dates back to July 1971 when Harris is said to have indecently assaulted a girl under 16. A third teenage girl, also under 16 at the time, is alleged to have been a victim of Harris's assault on New Year's Eve, 1983.
Four other females have made claims against Harris relating to incidents in 1977, 1978, 2002 and 2004. He also faces a count of sexual assault relating to the 2004 incident. His trial is due to start on 9 January 2017 and is expected to last four weeks.