Samsung Galaxy S5 users are in for a double treat as Chainfire's SuperSU root is now available for the European G900F (LTE) model running on Samsung's latest official firmware with build G900FXXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Though the new OTA firmware availability for Galaxy S5 G900F is currently limited to Poland region, users of other countries can also download and install the same manually, using our step-by-step guide posted here.
Those who have already updated their Galaxy S5 to the latest G900FXXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 official firmware can now root the same via Chainfire's SuperSU, using the step-by-step guide give below.
1. Install necessary USB Drivers for Galaxy S5 (LTE) SM-G900F on the computer.
2. USB Debugging Mode should be enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Back up your important data to avoid potential data loss during firmware installation.
4. Ensure the phone is factory unlocked (not locked to any specific carrier).
5. Verify Galaxy S5 LTE has at least 80 percent battery charge.
6. The Chainfire's SuperSU tool is compatible with Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) only. Do not attempt installing it on incorrect variants as it may brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S5 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Root Galaxy S5 on G900FXXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 Lollipop with Chainfire SuperSU
- Install any custom recovery on your Galaxy S5 G900F, based on your choice between TWRP and CWM recovery. Download the appropriate recovery tool using the links given below.
- Copy the SuperSU file you downloaded above to a desired location on your phone. We recommend using an external SD card if available or else you can use the internal storage.
- Boot the Galaxy S5 LTE into Recovery mode:
- Power off your phone and wait for 6-7 seconds until the display shutsdown completely
- Then press and hold Volume Up, Power and Home until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Then hit Install in the recovery menu, and select the SuperSU file: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.37.zip
- In CWM, select 'Yes', and in TWRP, swipe to confirm and begin the installation of the SuperSU file, which will root your device in just a few seconds.
- Reboot your device and enjoy root access on your Galaxy S5 running Android 5.0 Lollipop with build G900FXXU1BNL2 via official firmware.
[Source: The Android Soul]