The Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC100), announced at this year's IFA Trade Show in Berlin, features Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean). Now, using the C-Auto-Root package, the camera (with official Jelly Bean firmware) can be rooted.
If you're looking to root your camera, follow this tutorial. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be responsible for any damage to the device while rooting. We also warn readers this tutorial is for the Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC100) only.
- Download appropriate USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
- Beginners must ensure custom recovery is installed
- The Galaxy Camera should be running official Android 4.1.1 firmware
To Root Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC100) on Official Android 4.1.1 Firmware
- Download root package (CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc100.zip) to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch off camera and enter Download Mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down, Camera and Power buttons until construction Android robot and triangle appears and then press Power to enter Download Mode)
- Open Odin and connect device to computer while in Download Mode (a successful connection is indicated by one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number)
- Click on PDA and select CF-Auto-Root-gd1-ekgc 100.tar.md5 (extracted in first step)
- Start installation in Odin (this may take a few minutes)
- After installation, device will reboot into Recovery Mode and install root package. The ID:COM box will then turn green. Unplug device only after Home screen appears
Note: In case device does not boot into Recovery automatically and root itself, repeat tutorial. If the device is still not rooted, then repeat for a second time but this time ensure the Auto Reboot option in Odin is not checked.
After Successful Installation:
- Remove and reinsert battery
- Boot into Recovery by pressing Volume Up, Camera and Power buttons until the device powers on (this will start installation process to root the camera)
The Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC100) is now rooted on Android 4.1.1 official firmware. This may be verified with SuperSU in app list. To ensure root method has been installed and working correctly, use the Root Checker app.
[Source: Team Android]