Real Madrid's coveted midfielder Sami Khedira and Barcelona right-back Dani Alves lead the eighty eight La Liga players free to negotiate a transfer to another club since New Year, as their contracts at their respective sides will end on 30 June.
Khedira's future at the Santiago Bernabeu has been under scrutiny in recent times and even though he recently suggested he is likely to sign a new deal, Carlo Ancelotti looks to have different plans.
Meanwhile, Alves is in a similar situation and Barcelona's Fifa ban from signing during the summer could see him extending his spell at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal and Chelsea will be closely monitoring the German international's situation, while Liverpool are also said to be tracking Alves as Glen Johnson's contract at Anfield is also set to expire and his future looks uncertain. Manchester United have also reportedly linked with the Brazilian full-back in the past.
But apart from the two bargains from Barcelona and Real Madrid, there are other stars to be considered not just for the Premier League giants but for also the smaller clubs around England.
In this sense for those clubs looking for a keeper there are two interesting options in Almeria's Ruben and Sevilla's Beto. Ruben grew in the Barcelona academy in the shadow of Victor Valdes, while Beto was key in Sevilla's last season Europe League title.
In defence, the list is even bigger. Former Liverpool right-back Antonio Barragan is finally showing his worth at Valencia, while Malaga's Weligton has been one of the more solid centre-backs in La Liga during recent seasons.
In the midfield, Sevilla's M'Bia is the biggest jewel. The Cameroonian may have failed to make the impact expected at QPR but has seized the La Liga chance to become one of Una Emery's favourites at Sevilla, scoring four goals in the first 15 games of the season.
Athletic Bilbao's Aritz Aduriz looks an interesting option for those smaller teams looking to bolster the attack with a top scorer, while Celta Vigo's Krohn-Dehli is also a star to have in mind.
Here is the list of eighty eight players which includes names like former Arsenal star Juan Antonio Reyes and Portuguese international Joao Pereira.
- Almería: Rubén, Dos Santos, Mané, Verza, Corona and Soriano.
- Athletic: Gorka Iraizoz, Gurpegui, Iraola, Aduriz, Ramallo and Albizua.
- Barcelona: Dani Alves.
- Celta: Krohn-Dehli and Borja Oubiña.
- Córdoba: Juan Carlos, Iago, Íñigo López, Campabadal, Garai, López Silva and Abel Gómez.
- Deportivo: Sidnei, Cezary Wilk, Manuel Pablo, Juan Domínguez, Isaac Cuenca, Helder Postiga, Toché and Juan Carlos.
- Eibar: Jaime, Irazusta, Albentosa, Añibarro, Bóveda, Boateng, Javi Lara, Capa, Piovaccari, Ángel Rodríguez and Lekic.
- Elche: Manu Herrera, Damián, Lombán, Pelegrín, Edu Albácar, Cisma and Coro.
- Espanyol: Mattioni, Raúl Rodríguez and Colotto.
- Getafe: Diego Castro, Valera, Codina, Arroyo and Jonathan.
- Granada: Roberto Fernández and Fran Rico.
- Levante: Vyntra, El Aldoua, Rodas, Juanfran, Diop, Barral, Morales and Gavilán.
- Málaga: Sergio Sánchez, Weligton and Casado.
- Rayo Vallecano: Cobeño, Zé Castro, Nacho, Baena, Pozuelo, Bueno and Manucho.
- Real Madrid: Sami Khedira.
- Real Sociedad: Zubikarai, Jon Ansotegui, Estrada and Elustondo.
- Sevilla: M'Bia, Beto and Juan Antonio Reyes.
- Valencia: Joao Pereira and Antonio Barragán.
- Villarreal: Dorado.