Samsung's new low-cost smartphone called the Galaxy J1, which was announced in January, has reached European shores and is available to buy in a couple of countries.
As of now, the Samsung Galaxy J1 can be purchased in Germany and the Netherlands.
The device qualifies as a low-ender according to its technical aspects and competes with prominent similar-range devices such as the Motorola Moto E, which costs around €160.
Key technical specifications of the Samsung Galaxy J1:
- 4.3in TFT capacitive touchscreen
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 5 MP rear camera
- 2 MP front camera
- 512 MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 128 GB
- 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 1820 mAh Lithium-Ion battery with claimed talktime of up to 10 hours on 3G and music play time of up to 40 hours.
On paper, the device looks custom-made for first-time smartphone buyers looking to purchase an inexpensive smartphone.