Sony's flagship device, the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is now available to pre-order in the United States. The major USP of the device is its 'Premium Waterproof' nature, and its 8in full HD Triluminous display.
If you prefer to pre-order the device, then check out the official Sony store which has priced the 'waterproof' Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact at $499.99 (£310).
However, the latest tablet is not LTE-enabled, and the LTE variant is expected to be released later in the year, or by early 2015.
Key technical specifications of Sony Xperia TZ3 Tablet Compact
- 8in LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat, upgradeable to Android L 'Lollipop'
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 128GB
- 8.1MP primary camera
- 2.2MP secondary camera
- 4GLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 4,500 mAh fixed Li-Ion battery
Major highlights of Sony's Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet:
- Premium waterproof tablet in a compact size
- 8" full HD TRILUMINOS™ display for mobile
- Highest waterproof rating IP65/681: Submerged up to 30 minutes and under 1.5m of freshwater
- SteadyShot™ technology with Intelligent Active Mode™
- PS4™ Remote Play2
- Audio technology support: Hi-Res audio, DSEE HX, DNC
Those of you pre-ordering Sony's latest tablet also get the following accessories, out of the box:
- Micro USB Cable
- Charger Head
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Card