Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly considering a summer move for Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

The Gabon international impressed in Ligue 1 last season, netting 19 times in 37 appearances and has been heavily linked with a switch to a top European club this summer. According to the Mirror, Spurs have already made an enquiry regarding the 23-year-old's situation and are now lining up a £10m approach.

The report claims Andre Villas-Boas is keen to add two forwards to his ranks this summer. Moves for top targets Christian Benteke and Leandro Damiao have stalled, so the Portuguese tactician seems to have turned his attention to Aubameyang and Barcelona's forgotten man David Villa.

Aubameyang raised his reputation further by scoring a hat-trick in his country's 4-1 win over Niger in Saturday's World Cup qualifiers. Arsenal and Chelsea were previously linked with the player, while Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund and Anzhi Makhachkala are also said to be interested.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Meanwhile, Aubameyang's father, who also acts as the striker's agent, has now stated that his son is open to a move to free-spending Monaco.

The forward, who started his career with AC Milan, is no stranger to Monaco, having spent six months at Stade Louis II during the 2010/11 season. While negotiations over a potential move to the Bundesliga continue, the player would prefer a club with ambition and financial resources.

"Much of the Germany talk is true, but proposals come from everywhere. I believe that we will be able to continue the discussions. Monaco? If they come see or see me directly, it is clear that there will be an exchange with them," Aubameyang senior said.

"When you see the Monaco project, [it can be understood that] this will be a serious competitor to PSG. This kind of club will be successful in a year or two. That is what I am now looking for for my son," he added.