We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The LG Optimus 2X (P990) receives an unbrick tool, bundled with useful add-ons like nVFlash and ROM and Recovery files. IBTimes UK warns its readers this guide can unbrick the device but cannot recover data already lost from the smartphone.
"The main advantage that doesn't exist in other tools, is that in this case is included factory misc and lgdrg partitions," ProgMag, an XDA forum member, said, in a post on the website.
The tool includes an injection of factory firmware for stock LG configurations. After installation, users will have a functional device that will retain the ability to flash, alongside the ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
Further recommendations include installing the latest Google apps package.
"Once complete, the device is ready for operation, but it is recommended to install the latest gapps for "CM10" that have not been included for the same reason they do not come in the CyanogenMod ROM," ProgMag claimed.
This tool will reportedly solve issues caused by changing partition sizes and the addition or deletion of partitions, since it will create a new partition system bringing factory firmware, according to the XDA Developers' forum.
- If the device is semi-bricked or if it does not show the International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, then ensure all important data is backed up.
- Ensure device is left with a minimum battery charge of 40 percent.
To Unbrick LG Optimus 2X
- Download Unbrick tool for LG Optimus 2X to computer
- Extract downloaded file using Win RAR or WinZip
- After unzipping file, connect device to computer via USB cable
- Click on flash.bat file and follow onscreen instructions
- Once process completes, the Home screen will show up
The LG Optimus 2X has been successfully unbricked.
[Source: Android Advices]