VLC beta for Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1, which exited the signup-phase and was released to the public early this month, has now been updated.
The latest update is now available for download from the Windows Phone Store, and comes with the following newer aspects:
- Speed enhancements while playing audio
- Playback fixes
- Improvements in playing 720p on high-end devices
- Initial version of a new dark theme support
- Newer icons
- Songs, albums and artists can be put on hold, instead of taping the "..." button to show the flyout menu.
- Improvements in music indexation algorithm
VLC Player is quite popular in the PC segment, as the software is generally known as the 'media player that is capable of playing all multimedia content irrespective of environment.' Computer users would have been accustomed to VLC more than other third-party multimedia content players.
The latest updated VLC Player app is available to download, in the form of an 11MB file.
Pre-requisites to download VLC for Windows Phone beta:
Before downloading the app, ensure that your Windows Phone 8.1 device fulfils the following requirements:
- Internet connection
- Music library
- Photos library
- SD card
- Videos library
- HD720P (720x1280)
- WVGA (480x800)
- WXGA (768x1280)
How to verify pre-requisites?
You can see what features the VLC for Windows Phone beta requires, by tapping the app in the Windows Phone Store and swiping over to Details.
Key Features of VLC beta
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC
- Audio and video media library, with full search
- Support for network streams, including HLS