Around 800,000 units of Xiaomi's Redmi Note 2, which was officially launched on 13 August in China, were reportedly sold during the first flash sale held on 16 August.
According to Xiaomi Today, the record number of Redmi Note 2 units were sold in under 12 hours, as soon as the flash sale went live. The smartphone maker plans to hold another flash sale on 24 August for prospective buyers.
Those who wish to purchase the Redmi Note 2 can register online on Xiaomi's official web portal.
The device has been priced at ¥799 (£79, $125) in China. However, the exact number of handsets that will be offered during the second flash sale is yet to be announced.
Key technical specs of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- 5.5in IPS display
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop), with MIUI 7on top
- 2.0GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 and 2.2GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 CPUs within a MediaTek MT6795 SoC
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB variants based on processor
- LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3,060 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery claimed to offer a talktime of up to 11.30 hours on 3G.