TheAnonMessage issued clip urging YouTube to unblock collective's account within 72 hours or 'we will unleash hell'
TheAnonMessage issued clip urging YouTube to unblock collective's account within 72 hours or 'we will unleash hell'

YouTube has backed down over the Anonymous hacker collective's threat to "unleash hell" against it for blocking TheAnonMessageaccount before a 72-hour deadline expired.

It also restored a controversial video criticising the Kony 2012 campaign, which went viral last month.

"BREAKING: GREAT NEWS! @YouTube has unlocked my account and unblocked the censored video in response to yesterday's threat!" the account holder of TheAnonMessage wrote on Twitter.

In the reissued clip commenting on the Kony 2012 campaign, TheAnonMessage attacks YouTube for blocking access to the account, which is used by the collective to send and receive messages about their activities, hacks and campaigns, as well as to upload videos.

According to Anonymous, YouTube had removed its video Kony 2012 Emergency Messagewithout any explanation.

"The most reasonable explanation is that YouTube is now censoring any solid opposition against the Kony 2012 video and is applying strict consequences," a narrator says in the background of the restored video.

The footage removed by YouTube contained serious allegations against Jason Russell, co-founder of the Invisible Children charity. Russell, 33, produced the 30-minute documentary about the Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony and his Lord's Resistance Army, which was viewed more than 100 million times.

Following the massive publicity that the video received, Russell was filmed naked on a street corner in San Diego, California, talking to himself and masturbating in public. He was detained for making sexual gestures, vandalising cars and being under the influence of something, according to the San Diego police department.

While Russell was detained for going on a public rampage, he was never arrested or charged and was taken to hospital for medical evaluation. Ben Keesy, CEO of the Invisible Children, said Russell was hospitalised suffering from exhaustion, dehydration and malnutrition. He was also been diagnosed as suffering a reactive psychosis due to all the attention and criticism that the video received.

"The recent incident of Jason Russell's mental breakdown may downgrade the seriousness of the video, along with strong evidence of fraud, propaganda, and scamming," the Anonymous narrator says on the clip. "We must take down the Kony 2012 video by continuously flagging it. YouTube will detect this message and this is why we need to act fast. Download this video and upload it on your channel."

On Monday TheAnonMessage released a clip on another account, in which in which the collective urged YouTube to open access to the official account within 72 hours or "we will unleash hell".

"I'm calling on everyone to subscribe to my channel on YouTube. I'm releasing a video on another channel and I want everyone to spread it," the account holder tweeted.

Many anon accounts re-tweeted the footage with the following message: "URGENT: #Anonymous vs #YouTube | Please Retweet and share this: | @YourAnonNews@BreakingNews."

LulzSec Strikes Back Hacking Military Singles Dating Website