Arsene Wenger
Arsene Wenger is ready to bolster the Arsenal squad this JanuaryGetty Images

Arsenal manager has confirmed the Gunners are making every effort to secure "one or two" players during the current transfer window to address the injury crisis at the Emirates Stadium.

Earlier on Thursday 15 January, the north London side confirmed both captain Mikel Arteta and right-back Mathieu Debuchy will be out of action for around three months after undergoing surgery.

Arteta had been on the sidelines since the 2-0 win over Borussia Dortmund on 26 November due to a calf injury, while the club has now claimed he had a bone spur removed from his left ankle.

Meanwhile, Debuchy, who has only returned to action following an ankle injury, had a shoulder operation after dislocating it during the 3-0 win over Stoke City on 11 January.

Wenger spent around £80m during the summer transfer window to bring Alexis Sanchez, Debuchy, David Ospina, Calum Chambers and Danny Welbeck to Arsenal.

However, the manager is looking to make further additions following the duo's recent injuries.

"Yes we are more [in the market now to sign] one or two players" he told Arsenal.com.

Wenger suggested they are looking for a holding midfielder and a right-back as during the summer, the French manager failed to secure a much-needed back up option for Arteta and Mathieu Flamini, and a versatile defender to fill the gap left by Thomas Vermaelen's move to Barcelona.

He said: "We have Chambers and we have Bellerin, who is coming on well, and I want to give them a chance as well, but of course we are in the market like many other clubs.

"We work really hard morning until late night to try to get one or two players in."

Furthermore, the club are reportedly on the verge of completing the signing of Legia Warsaw teenager Krystian Bielik, although the 17-year-old is expected to join the Under-21 side prior to a potential move into the first team.