Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with build number JDQ39 Over-The-Air (OTA) update is rolling out to Google's third generation Nexus branded smartphone, Galaxy Nexus, with model number I9250.
Google has released Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Nexus.
The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean software update is reportedly more of bug fixes. In addition to that, it fixes the Bluetooth bug that was found in the previous Android 4.2.1 build. The other Nexus devices including Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 are expected to receive the similar update soon.
The Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean can be installed through OTA. However, the Galaxy Nexus users who cannot wait for the OTA update to reach their regions and wish install the update manually, may follow our step-by step instructions guide below. There are two different tutorials - one for the rooted Galaxy Nexus and the other one for the non-rooted version. The users are advised to follow the tutorial accordingly.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it shall not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices before proceeding since the Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Galaxy Nexus I9250, not with any other variants.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
1) Download and install USB Driver for Galaxy Nexus on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there, navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Backup all the data of the phone before following the tutorial. In case the device is having a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, then create a back-up for the same.
4) The Galaxy Nexus should be factory unlocked.
5) The battery of the phone should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
Note: The users who are having a non-rooted version of Galaxy Nexus need to be on Android 4.2.1 JOP40D. Moreover, the phone should have stock recovery. Do not proceed if the phone does not have Android 4.2.1 JOP40D installed.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 [For Non-Rooted]
1) Download Android 4.2.2.JDQ39 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy Nexus to the computer
2) Connect the Galaxy Nexus to the computer using USB cable. Then copy the downloaded firmware zip file to the SD card of the phone
3) Disconnect the phone from the computer and switch it off
4) Place the phone into Bootloader Mode. To do so turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Fastboot menu (START on top) appears
5) Follow the on screen instructions. Keep pressing the Volume Up button until RECOVERY is seen then press the Power button to select it
6) An exclamation mark will appear now. Again hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together. The Recovery Mode menu should appear
7) Select 'Update from SD card.' Then press the Power button and select update.zip file. The installation process should start
8) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will boot. The device will take about five minutes to boot for the first time. So be patient
Congratulation, the Galaxy Nexus I9250 is now updated and running on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
Note: The users who have a rooted Galaxy Nexus, needs to ensure that the device should have ClockworkMod (CWM) custom recovery installed before proceeding. In addition to that, users are advised to make a Nandroid backup of the previous firmware before following the guide below.
Steps to install Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus I9250 [For Rooted]
1) Download Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean OTA update for Galaxy Nexus to the computer
2) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded zip file to the SD card of the device
3) Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
3) Enter into the Bootloader Mode by turning on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Fastboot Menu and START on top arrives
4) Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press the Volume Up button several times until the RECOVERY is seen. Then press the Power button to select it
5) In CWM Recovery, scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card,' press the Power button to select it
6) Use the Power button again and select 'Choose zip from SD card'
Note: Users may have to turn off signature verification from the 'toggle signature verification' option.
7) Navigate to And5roid 4.2.2 Jelly Bean zip file using the Volume buttons and select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation should start now
8) Once the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot System Now.' The phone will take about five minutes to boot for the first time
The Galaxy Nexus I9250 should be now updated with Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the phone.
Click here to know how to root Galaxy Nexus on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 Jelly Bean official firmware.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader