Samsung has recently released official Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean OTA update for the international Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3110. The update is completely unbranded and can be downloaded via Samsung Kies.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is available for Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who have already upgraded their devices with the latest official release, may follow our step-by-step tutorial below to root the same. The root method uses CF-Auto-Root package released by XDA developer, Chainfire.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their tablet, since the root package used in the guide works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110; flashing this package on any other variant is likely to brick the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Rooting the tablet will void manufacturer's warranty.
4) The rooting is likely to increase binary counter.
5) Create back-up for all the data of the device.
6) The tablet should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
Steps to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 on Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files
3) Switch off the Galaxy tablet. Put the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen will appear, now press the Volume Down button to enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy tab to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. When the device is connected successfully, the COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
[Note: If the 'Added' message does not come then try another USB port. Try the port located at the back side of the computer. In case that does not work too then reinstall USB driver.]
6) In Odin, click the PDA button and select 'CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.tar.md5' file
7) Ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in Odin
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, the device will reboot automatically. And soon a 'PASS' message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the top of the Odin. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. To ensure the aforementioned root method is installed and working properly, verify with the Root Checker app which is available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader