Samsung has begun pushing out Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) software update for the international Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3110. The tablet was first shipped with Android Ice Cream Sandwich and was upgraded to Android 4.1.1.
The Galaxy tablet users can install the update through Samsung Kies as well as Over-The-Air (OTA). All the users might not be able to upgrade their device currently since the update is rolling out in phases, notes Sammobile. It is expected to reach other parts of the world soon.
Followed by this, an official firmware-Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean is now available for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. The Jelly Bean build is completely unbranded. It is originally for the Galaxy tablet users from Croatia but it can be downloaded via Samsung Kies in supported regions.
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who are looking to update their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean official firmware, may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on the computer.
2) Enable USDB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Ensure the Galaxy tablet should have above 80 per cent of charge.
4) Backup all the data of the device. If the device is having ClockworkMod recovery installed, then create a back-up for the same.
5) The device will lose its root with the installation of the official firmware.
6) Verify that the tablet is factory unlocked.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110
1) Download Android 4.1.2 P3110XXDMA2 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to the computer. Extract the downloaded zip file
2) Download Odin v3.07
3) Power off the tablet and place the device into Download Mode. To do so turn on the tablet by pressing and holding Volume Down and Home buttons together
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Tab to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. If the tablet is connected to the computer successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow
6) In Odin, select the files, which are extracted from the P3110XXDMA2 folder, to install on the tablet
7) Ensure the Auto reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected in the Odin. Select the Re-Partition option in case the .pit file is being used
8) Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation which is likely to take some time. So be patient
9) Once the installation process is completed, the device will automatically restart. Unplug the USB cable from the tablet and switch it off again
10) Enter into Recovery mode by switching on the phone while pressing the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together
11) From the Recovery menu navigate to and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Then select 'Reboot System now' in order to reboot the device
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 should be now updated with Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean official firmware.
Click here for step-by-step guide to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 on Android 4.1.2 XXDMA2 Jelly Bean.