Apple has recently rolled out iOS 6.1.3, which is said to be an incremental update to its mobile operating system running iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This software update fixes the lock screen bug which enabled anyone to easily bypass the passcode and thereby get access to the personal information on the iOS device. The update also contains Maps improvement in Japan.
Apple has released iOS 6.1.3.
The iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G users who have already upgraded their device with the latest iOS 6.1.3, may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below to jailbreak the same using Redsn0w version 0.9.15b3. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device.
1) Users are reminded that the Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 supports only tethered jailbreak which means they need connect the device to the computer on every reboot except iPhone 3GS with older bootrom.
2) This tethered jailbreak is compatible with pre-A5 devices such as iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G.
2) Currently it is not possible to jailbreak devices such as iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5G
3) Back-up all the data of the iOS device before proceeding.
4) Ensure that the battery of the device carries above 80 per cent of charge.
5) The tutorial below uses an iOS 6.0 jailbreak with the iOS 6.1.3 file system, therefore it is likely to create some unknown issues.
iPod Touch 4G
Steps to jailbreak iOS 6.1.3 tethered on iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 4G using Redsn0w 0.9. 15b3
1) Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and save it in a folder named 'Redsn0w' on the desktop
2) Download iOS 6.0 firmware file for the iOS device
Download links: iPhone/iPod Touch
3) Connect the device to the computer. Then double click the Redsn0w zip file and extract the application. Navigate to the Redsn0w folder and launch the Redsn0w application
Note: Windows 7 and Windows XP users should run Redsn0w as 'Administrator' which is right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select 'Run as an Administrator.'
4) Click on 'Extra' button and then click on 'Select IPSW' button. Navigate and select the iOS firmware file which was downloaded in step-2. REdsn0w should identify the iOS firmware
5) Return to Redsn0w's main menu and click on the 'Jailbreak' button Redsn0w will now start preparing the jailbreak data
6) Users will be now prompted to select the jailbreak options. Ensure that 'Cydia' is selected and click on the 'Next' button to continue. iPhone 3GS users can also select 'Enable battery percentage' option
7) Users will be then prompted to place their iOS devices into the DFU mode. Redsn0w will guide through the necessary steps:
a) Hold the Power button on the iOS device for three seconds
b) Simultaneously, hold the Home button and keep pressing these two buttons for 10 seconds
c) Now release the Power button while keep holding the Home button until Redsn0w detects the device
8) The iOS device should reboot now. The device will reboot again and Redsn0w will now begin uploading the new RAM disk and kernel
9) Users will be notified after the jailbreaking process is completed. Click on the 'OK' and then 'Quit' button to exit the application
10) The iOS device will reboot again in five minutes. The Home screen will then appear on the device but Cydia would be still missing; since users need to tether boot their iOS devices using Redsn0w. Follow the below mentioned steps to do so
11) Launch Redsn0w again. Click on 'Extras' button
12) Then click on the 'Select IPSW' button. Browse to and select the firmware file (which was downloaded in step-2). Click on the 'Just Boot' button
13) Connect the device to the computer and switch off the device again. Follow the instructions and click on the Next button to move to the next screen. Now place the iOS device into DFU mode again
14) Redsn0w will recognise the device in DFU mode and apply the limera1n exploit. The iOS device will reboot and a pineapple logo will appear indicating a tethered boot
15) Once the action is completed, the Lock screen should be seen on the iOS device
Congratulation, the iOS device, iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPOd Touch 4G, has now been successfully jailbroken with the Cyadia on the Home Screen. If the Cydia does not appear on the Home screen, do not panic. Search for it using Spotlight. Enjoy the jailbreak apps.
[Source: iPhone Hacks]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader