Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has assured fans that Neymar will sign a new deal at the Nou Camp in the coming days, despite reports in Spain suggesting Manchester United were looking to hijack the deal. The club chief admitted many of Europe's elite were after the Brazil international, but said the player will commit his future to the Catalans with a five-year deal.
Barcelona have repeatedly insisted in recent months that they are ready to commit the 24-year-old's future to the club with a new long-term deal. However, delays in any official announcement have led to speculation regarding a move away.
Earlier in June Wagner Ribeiro, one of Neymar's agents, said three clubs were still ready to pay the player's €190m (£156.9m, $211.3m) release clause in full to sign him ahead of next season.
Mundo Deportivo later reported PSG, Manchester United and Real Madrid were the three clubs in question, with the Ligue 1 billionaires offering Neymar a stunning €30m-a-year (after tax) contract, double the Catalans' proposal.
Barcelona have remained confident Neymar would snub any big-money offers to sign a new deal and continue his successful partnership with close friends Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
However, Mundo Deportivo claimed that on Wednesday (29 June) Manchester United launched a last-ditch offer to convince Neymar to change his mind and join Jose Mourinho's new project.
Bartomeu, however, has now sent a message to Barcelona fans saying Neymar will ink a new deal at the Nou Camp imminently. The president says there are only "minor details" still to be sorted.
"Neymar wants to continue at the club and the club wants him to continue. I don't know if it will be today, tomorrow or the day after, but in the coming days we will confirm his renewal for another five seasons. There have been reports many clubs were interested in him and that's normal, but he wants to stay and we want him to stay," Bartomeu said during a press conference on 30 June.
"We're tying up the loose ends and we'll announce it in the coming days. The lawyers are looking at everything because we want this to be a long-term contract, so we have to act with great care. We've just come from the Neymar case at the national court and the attorney's office and it's necessary to write up everything. But he's staying for five years."
The new deal would see Neymar become the second highest paid player in the Barcelona squad, behind Messi. Barcelona would presumably increase his release clause to ward off the likes of PSG and other oil-rich sides in the future.