A school has warned against Doritos Roulette, which contains cheese-flavoured and "ultra spicy" tortilla crisps, after a one if its pupils said she felt like she was "going to die" after eating the snack.
Beth Laybourn, 14, a pupil of George Pindar School, complained that the spicy crisp from the Roulette pack left her with breathing difficulties after she ate a packet of them.
Beth, who suffers from asthma, said she was worried she was going to die after a roulette-style game with her brother and a friend at their home, where they each take a turn to eat a chip of unknown flavour.
She told the Sun: "At first it wasn't that hot. We carried on going round and I started sweating and a moment later I felt my throat burning. I started retching and ran to the toilet and was sick. I had four mugs of milk and my throat still wouldn't stop burning. I couldn't breathe properly and I really thought I was going to die. I kept thinking that if it leads to a full-blown asthma attack I could die."
A week later, the teenager suffered a severe asthma attack at school, which the teenager believes is linked to the spicy Dorito.
George Pindar School issued a warning newsletter entitled "Dangerous Doritos" to parents and carers of the pupils. The school said the Doritos Roulette crisps are "not recommended for children".
It added: "The crisps contain extra hot chips and it has come to our attention that they can cause severe distress, particularly to those with sensitivities, allergies or breathing problems."
A description on the Doritos website says the roulette flavour of crisps are "so spicy it may bring you to tears."
A spokesperson for Doritos said: "We were sorry to hear about what happened. We do warn people to expect a seriously spicy experience with Doritos Roulette and we make this clear on the pack and in adverts."