Lawyers for Freddie Starr have said the entertainer was cooperating with police and intended to clear his name after he was rearrested over fresh sex abuse allegations.
Starr was arrested by officers investigating sexual abuse claims against Jimmy Savile and "others". The entertainer was arrested for a second time on Wednesday when he answered bail over separate sex abuse allegations following his arrest in November.
The Metropolitan Police said a man in his sixties had been "further arrested on suspicion of sexual offences in connection with further allegations made to Operation Yewtree".
The police operation has three strands of allegations: those against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those just against others. Starr's latest arrest falls under the latter strand and is not linked to the former BBC DJ.
Starr's solicitor Dean Dunham said: "Mr Starr assisted the police with their enquiries as he has always done in this matter.
"He maintains his innocence throughout and has been insistent upon helping the police so that he can clear his name.
"We are hopeful that the police enquiries will draw to a conclusion soon at which time Mr Starr will be able to confirm that he has publicly cleared his good name and reputation."
Several high-profile names have been arrested under Operation Yewtree, including publicist Max Clifford, entertainer Jim Davidson, and former pop star Gary Glitter.
It recently emerged that Rolf Harris was also arrested and was interviewed under caution in November. He has been bailed until May.
David Smith, a former chauffer for the BBC, is the only person to be charged under Operation Yewtree. Smith is accused of indecent assault, gross indecency and buggery. All offences relate to boys who were under the age of 16 in 1984.
Savile, who died in 2011 aged 84, has been described as one of Britain's most prolific sex offenders and was able to commit hundreds of acts of abuse for decades without detection or punishment.