If you feel that your Galaxy Note 2 is aging with no latest features, Team Electron at XDA forum has the perfect solution for the situation. The team has shared a custom build called Ditto Note 4 (DN4) which brings all the features of Note 4 to the older second generation Galaxy Note.
These include Air Command, Multiwindow, Ultra Power Saving Mode, Settings and UI of Note 4 and the Android 4.4.4. Check out the DN4 ROM information and changelog.
- Based on 4.4.4 Touchwiz ROM ported from S3 Korean version
- Features ported from Galaxy Note 4
- AGNI Kernel by default
- Standalone flashable zip (no aroma)
- Rooted and Deodexed
DN4 ROM with all Note 4 features
- Note 4 Air Command (new features)
- Note 4 S Note with Action Memo
- Note 4 Smart Select
- Note 4 Image Clip
- Note 4 Scrapbook
- Note 4 S Finder
- Note 4 Quick Connect
- Note 4 Multiwindow
- Note 4 Recent Apps
- Note 4 Direct Pen Input
- Note 4 Side Key Panel
- Note 4 Resize Windows from corners (new Pen Window)
- Note 4 Power Saving Mode
- Note 4 Ultra Power Saving Mode
- Note 4 Settings and UI
- Galaxy Note 4 Launcher and Accuweather
- Galaxy Note 4 Contacts app
- Galaxy Note 4 Phone app with N4 feature incoming call popup notification, resize window during calls feature and call recording feature
- Galaxy Note Messaging app with N4 feature SMS pop-up notification
- Galaxy Note 4 lockscreen with charging effects and new lockscreen effects (only Abstract Mozaic doesn't work)
- Galaxy Note 4 Music Player
- Galaxy Note 4 Video Player
- Galaxy Note 4 Internet Browser
- Galaxy Note 4 Gallery with SStudio
- Galaxy Note 4 S Voice with new pop-up features
- Galaxy Note 4 S Planner, Email, Keyboard, Clock, My Files, Calculator
- Galaxy Note 4 Story Album
- Galaxy Note 4 Photo Note
- Possible to use the same app in both multiwindows
If you want to upgrade your Note 2 with the Galaxy Note 4 features, follow the installation guide below.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device so proceed at your own risk.
- You need to have Samsung 4.3 Bootloader or newer. MJ5 firmware Bootloader is recommended for those who wish to avoid knox counter. If you don't have it, check here (or, here).
- Use latest KitKat Bootloader if you wish to be able to plug your phone while turn off.
- Ensure that you have the latest TWRP/CWM recovery installed. For TWRP recovery click here.
- Do not forget to back up your app and efs folder and all other important data before installing the ROM.
- Verify that your Galaxy Note 2 is having above 80% battery charge to avoid shut down during the process due to lack of battery.
How to install DN4 ROM on Galaxy Note 2 to get Note 4 features
- Install DN4 ROM for Galaxy Note on your PC [Alternate link]
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy the downloaded file to the internal storage of your phone
- Go to TWRP/CWM recovery via pressing Home + Power + Volume Up buttons together
- While in the recovery mode make a Nandroid backup if you haven't
- Use the 'Clean to install a new rom' option in Wipe Data and system (clean installation recommended)
- Navigate to choose to install the rom zip file
- Flash the rom. It should take less than 10 minutes till it boots
- Enjoy the ROM
- If you have Wi-Fi issues, head over to dr ketan's thread and flash the Wi-Fi fix.
- Smart screen functions depend on your environment. It might not work. The developer said that a video tutorial will be out soon for this.
- If you are afraid to flash mj5 bootloader then read this post from dr.ketan and try to do what he says. But if you face random reboots or some other strange issues please note that this might be the cause.