It's raining Android Lollipop! Samsung has just released the Lollipop upgrade for the European Galaxy Note 4 model powered by the quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor (SM-N910F). Earlier this week Samsung released a similar software for Note 4 users in Poland (SM-N910C) and South Korea.
With build number N910FXXU1BOB4, the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is now seeding for Galaxy Note 4 users in Germany. You can connect your devices to the Samsung Kies server to find the new stock build, as the update is live on the Kies server. The OTA notification is expected to hit Note 4 soon.
There is good news for Note 3 users also. Android Lollipop stock firmware is now making its way through the LTE variant of Note 3 (SM-N9005) in a number of countries such as Poland (unlocked Note 3), and for Vodafone subscribers in UK, Czech Republic, Germany and Romania. You might receive the OTA notification anytime, although the update has just started seeding. To manually check your Note 3, navigate to Settings>> About phone>> Software update menu.
If you want to experience Android Lollipop firmware right now on your Note 4/Note 3 head over to our step-by-step installation guide.
Firmware details for Galaxy Note 3 LTE
- Model name: Galaxy Note 3 LTE
- Model: SM-N9005
- Country: Poland
- Version; Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Changelist: 3643614
- Build date: 20 January
- Product code: XEO
- PDA: N9005XXUGBOA5
- CSC: N9005XEOGBOA4
- MODEM: N9005XXUGBOA1
Firmware details for Galaxy Note 4 (Snapdragon 805)
- Model name: Galaxy Note 4
- Model: SM-N910F
- Country: Germany
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Changelist: 4144221
- Build date: 6 February
- Product code: DBT
- PDA: N910FXXU1BOB4
- CSC: N910FOXA1BOB4
- MODEM: N910FXXU1BOB4
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy Note on the computer.
- Create a backup of all the data of the phone using any custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Your Galaxy Note should have above 80% battery charge.
- You should have an unlocked Galaxy Note variant.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- Your Galaxy S4 will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- The download links for official Android Lollipop update are only compatible with Note 4 (SM-N910F) and Note 3 (SM-N900F). Check the model number of your Note and install firmware accordingly. Flashing incorrect firmware might brick the device.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop official firmware on Galaxy Note 3/ Note 4
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Power off the Galaxy Note
Step-4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers on your PC.
Step-5: Launch Odin as Administrator on the computer. Click on the Odin tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect your Galaxy Note to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click the AP tab and select the Android Lollipop firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin but Re-Partition checkbox should be unchecked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin
Step-10: The installation should start now. Once the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When you see the home screen on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
Your Note 3 or Note 4 should now be updated with the stock Android Lollipop build. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new Android version.