Petr Cech
Petr Cech is going to start his first Premier League game against Hull.Getty Images

Jose Mourinho has confirmed he is likely to keep both goalkeeper Petr Cech and winger Mohamed Salah at Chelsea during the January transfer window despite their lack of playing time, while ruling out the return of Fernando Torres to Stamford Bridge.

Having been one of the club's biggest idols in previous campaigns, Cech has seen his playing time restricted due to the summer arrival of Thibaut Courtois.

His agent Viktor Kolar recently rubbished reports claiming he is set to force a January move away from Stamford Bridge, and now Mourinho confirms the club's intentions.

"I don't think it's possible [for him to leave] and I read his agent saying there's no chance of leaving Chelsea in January," the manager said.

"That, plus the fact that I have no information about any offer to him, makes me believe 100% that he's staying. I repeat: I'm so happy that we have this fantastic situation with the goalkeepers."

Furthermore Mourinho confirmed Cech will make his first Premier League start of the campaign against Hull City on Saturday after Thibaut Courtois sustained a minor muscle injury in training.

"But it's a chance for Petr and a chance for Mark [Schwarzer] to be on the bench. It's a very comfortable situation for me, the players and the fans to know that our goalkeeper tomorrow is Petr Cech.

"For us, no problem. For him, it's his natural habitat to be in goal and not on the bench. So we are all comfortable with it. That's why, since the beginning of the season, it's perfect for me to have Petr in the squad."

Meanwhile the boss also ruled out Salah's January exit even though the winger had struggled to secure playing time at the Blues since his move in January last year.

"Salah is a player we like, we trust and he's part of our plans. He's not going anywhere. He doesn't go, for sure. Maybe he moves house. Maybe he moves house, but not club."

Having only made two Premier League late cameos this season, the Egypt international enjoyed his third starting appearance of the campaign during the 3-1 victory over Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday.

"Against Sporting Schurrle and Salah did well, the team did well and that was very nice for me," Mourinho said.

At the same time the boss claimed that there is no room for Torres in his squad after he signed Diego Costa, Didier Drogba, and Loic Remy during the summer.

Recent reports claimed that Milan are looking to terminate his two-year-loan deal contract with the striker 18 months early after the Spaniard scored only one goal in 10 appearances for the Serie A giants.

But asked about that, Mourinho said: "He is on loan for two seasons. He is our player but is on loan."

"We have no space – no space for players in our list in the Champions League or the Premier League. That is an impossible picture.

"Nobody from AC Milan made contact with us so probably nothing is true and – more than possible – he is happy at Milan and Milan are happy to have him."