First World War recruitment posters are being sold on Wednesday 9 July in Onslows Auctioneers' online sale, entitled The Great War Centenary and Summer Vintage Posters.
The collection of nearly 200 posters includes almost every British Army recruitment poster from the First World War. The key item is Alfred Leete's "Lord Kitchener Wants You" original recruiting poster from 1914, which is estimated at £10,000 - £15,000. This rare poster is one of only four copies known to exist – the others are in the Imperial War Museum, State Library of Victoria Melbourne and the Robert Opie Collection.
You can browse and search the collection and make bids online via the auctioneers' website.
- Independence Day: American Revolutionary War Veterans Who Lived Into the Age of Photography
- D-Day 70th Anniversary: Veterans Share Their Memories of Normandy Landings
- D-Day Anniversary: The Ghost Town of Oradour-sur-Glane, Scene of a Nazi Massacre
- Jewels of the Archive: Vietnam War and England 1966 World Cup Photos On Show in London
- D-Day Landing Sites Then and Now: Normandy Beaches in 1944 and 70 Years Later