Jorge Lorenzo topped the combined timesheets after FP1 and FP2 with Marc Marquez following close behind. It was a hot day at Brno, with temperatures playing spoilsport in the second session, which saw plenty of riders hit the deck, including reigning World Champion Marquez and current championship leader Valentino Rossi.
Where to Watch Live
The third free practice session (FP3) starts at 8.55am BST, while FP4 begins at 12.30pm BST.
Live coverage of the qualifying for the Spanish Grand Prix starts at 1.10pm BST on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD. Real-time internet updates are available on MotoGP's official website.
It was Jorge Lorenzo who set the overall fastest time in the two Friday (14 August) practice sessions, with Marc Marquez close behind. The duo continue their battle from Indianapolis, where the Honda rider came out on top after a fiercely contested race.
It was a hot day at the Brno circuit with track temperatures rising as the day went on. FP2 saw the temperatures increase by 20 degrees from the morning session, which caused trouble for a lot of riders as they suffered a lack of grip.
Marquez and Rossi were among a number of riders who hit the deck, but the reigning world champion was one of the few riders, who managed to improve his time from the first session.
The Ducati has arrived with an updated GP15 for both the riders to try out, with new engines and fairings, along with their current bikes.
Top 10 MotoGP Free Practice 2 Times from Brno, Czech Republic:
- Marc Marquez (ESP) Honda 1:56.513
- Jorge Lorenzo (ESP) Yamaha 1:56.589
- Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 1:56.750
- Valentino Rossi (ITA) Yamaha 1:57.074
- Pol Espargaro (ESP) Tech 3 1:57.078
- Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 1:57.178
- Aleix Espargaro (ESP) Suzuki 1:57.202
- Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR Honda 1:57.229
- Bradley Smith (GBR) Tech 3 1:57.494
- Yonny Hernandez (COL) Pramac Racing 1:57.544