OnePlus One users have long been tormented with constantly regenerating touchscreen issues, even as OnePlus has been doing its best to patch up the issue with a spate of updates, including the latest touchscreen fix with OxygenOS 1.01 update.
Affected OnePlus One users can go ahead and download the OxygenOS 1.01 patch update that resolves all existing touchscreen issues on the flagship smartphone.
Meanwhile, folks at Fastboot Mobile and XDA Developers have unleashed a new OnePlus One migration tool that enables users to migrate or upgrade directly to the latest version of OxygenOS from CyanogenMod 11 or CyanogenMod 12 without losing data.
Although the migration tool itself is undergoing beta testing, it is expected to be fully functional except for a couple of known issues involving QDL mode failure and the ADB drivers in the app failing to load automatically (may require manual installation).
IBTimes UK reminds readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that Microsoft .Net 4.5 is installed on your computer. You can download the latest version from the Microsoft website.
- Ensure that the computer is running either Windows 7 or Windows 8, before you proceed.
OxygenOS 1.01 patch update for OnePlus One (flashable zip)
Steps to install touchscreen fix on OnePlus One via OxygenOS 1.01 update
- Unzip the OxygenOS migration tool for OnePlus One into its own folder
- Copy the flashable OxygenOS zip and MD5 into the "download" folder where you extracted the tool
- In your OnePlus One go to Settings > Developer options and uncheck Update CM Recovery (CM has this checked as default which causes issues)
- Ensure the phone is plugged into the computer via USB cable
- Run the "OnePlusOneMigration.exe" file as Administrator
- Accept any prompts to confirm the signed driver installation
- Follow onscreen prompts and the OxygenOS patch update will be installed. The ADB sideload process can take some time to finish.
- Sometimes the device does not enter QDL mode correctly and you may get an error about QDL mode failing
- Sometimes the ADB drivers contained in the application need to be manually installed
[Source: OnePlus forums]