Samir Nasri
Samir Nasri reacts after scoring against England in France's Euro 2012 opener

France midfielder Samir Nasri could face a two-year ban from international football following his confrontation with a reporter after Les Blues' elimination from Euro 2012, according to the Telegraph.

The Manchester City player told a reporter "you are looking for s***, you are looking for trouble" when asked for a quote after France's defeat to Spain in the quarter final on Saturday. When the journalist replied "get lost", Nasri said "f*** you" and continued the abuse before inviting him outside for a fight.

It is understood that Nasri's behaviour has not gone down well with the French Football Federation and 25 year old could be suspended till the 2014 World Cup for his actions. The FFF will meet next Tuesday to discuss the issue, reports

FFF president Noel Le Graet had slammed Nasri for his outburst at the journalist, describing the behaviour as intolerable.

"I will ask the journalist to meet with me, but this is intolerable. I understand that there are negative reactions. Samir is on the edge, he wants to do well, but he cannot control his impulses," ESPN quoted Graet as saying.

France coach Laurent Blanc has also criticised Nasri for showing a lack of respect towards the reporter. Discussing the incident on French television, Blanc described the midfielder's actions as unfortunate.

"It is very regrettable but it's a problem between Samir and the press. It is very, very bad for his image but when this is done when he's with France it's also bad for the team's image. From what I gathered, he lacked respect towards the journalist who at some point also lacked respect towards him," BBC quoted Blanc as saying.

Nasri had already been involved in a row with the French media at the tournament when he put his finger to his lips and muttered "s**t up" at the press box after scoring the equaliser in France's 1-1 draw against England in their opening game.

"I had told him what I thought about this [after the first incident] but apparently he did not get the message," Blanc said.

Hatem Ben Arfa, Yann M'Vila and Jeremy Menez have also come under scrutiny following their behaviour at the tournament and could also face suspensions.