Several iOS 8.3 users have reportedly been complaining about their app icons disappearing from their iPhone or iPad homescreen after jailbreaking with TaiG tool, while Saurik (the Cydia developer and founder) has already released a UIKit Tools update to fix the issue.
Affected users can go ahead and install the latest 1.1.10 version of the UIKit Tools on their jailbroken devices running iOS 8.3. The new update officially supports all previous versions of iOS in addition to iOS 8.3.
Here is how to install the fix (courtesy iDownloadBlog):
- Just refresh Cydia and you will get a prompt for an essential upgrade or TaiG uicache package. Note: As TaiG uicache package seems obsolete with the latest iOS 8.3 jailbreak, Saurik has created an obsolete package for TaiG uicache, which is empty.
- Now you can simply update the package and remove the unwanted uicache package from your iOS device to resolve this issue.
- To do so, choose Complete Upgrade on the Essential upgrade pop-up box to grab all the necessary bug-fix updates including the UIKit Tools. This should patch up the app icons disappearing issue.
In addition, if you are facing issues with jailbreaking your device on iOS 8.3 then try the following steps (courtesy iDownloadBlog):
- Ensure Find My iPhone is disabled
- Turn off Touch ID and Passcode Lock
- Enable Airplane mode
- Verify if iTunes is recognizing your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Try a different USB port to connect your iPhone/iPad to computer
- Check if you can jailbreak with a different computer
- Completely restore your iPhone via iTunes and start jailbreak from scratch, especially if it was running an OTA firmware earlier
- Download the latest version of the TaiG tool
- Downgrade your version of iTunes to version 12.1.0
- Uninstall iTunes completely and reinstall
- If you get stuck at 20% while jailbreaking, wait for at least 5 minutes to let the process complete. You may need more processing time if you have a large iPhone (32GB/64GB) with lots of data on it.