Users of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will reportedly get the Samsung Galaxy S6-like TouchWiz UX, via an OS update.
However, a specific timeline for the roll-out is yet to surface and Samsung is currently seeding the older Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update to users of older Galaxy smartphones. Hence, this could take some time before it reaches Note 4 users.
The YouMobile report also states that Samsung may release the Android 5.1 OS update to Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge users, before seeding the firmware to other devices.
This roll-out is rumoured to begin in Q2 2015.
Samsung TouchWiz UX: TouchWiz offers an enhanced full-touch interface to users, and is developed by Samsung Electronics. The company has not issued licences to third-party operators to use its TouchWiz UX.
The Galaxy S6 comes with the TouchWiz Nature UX 5.0 version of the interface.
Key technical specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- 5.7in Super AMOLED display, with capacitive touchscreen; protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating system out of the box; supports upgradation to Android Lollipop
- 16 MP primary camera
- 3.7MP secondary snapper
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 128GB
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- 3220 mAh Lithium-Ion battery.