The stock Android Lollipop firmware was made available for Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005), powered with Snapdragon 800 quad-core, starting with countries including Poland, Vodafone variants in UK, Czech Republic, Germany and Romania. The manufacturer has now seeded another Lollipop build for the LTE model.
With Android baseband version N9005XXUGBOA1 and build number LRX21V.N9005XXUGBOB6, weighing at 43.99MB, this is the second update for users from Poland. XDA members have reported receiving this update, which is for an unbranded firmware version, in the forum.
"Guys, there is a new update for Poland version.
Hopefully this fixes the S Note issues when using the photo note thing," confirmed an XDA forum member.
Check for the update on your Note 3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Software update menu.
If you are staying outside the firmware supported region and wish to lay your hands on the latest stock build, head over to our installation guide.
- Model: SM-N9005
- Model name: Galaxy Note 3 LTE
- Country: Poland
- Version: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Changelist: 3643614
- Build date: 25 February
- Product code: XEO
- PDA: N9005XXUGBOB6
- CSC: N9005XEOGBOA4
- Ensure that you have a proper USB driver for your Galaxy Note 3.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Create a backup of all important data of the phone using custom recovery.
- Your Note 3 should have at least 80% battery. Lack of battery charge can shut the device down and damage it during the process. Therefore, check the battery level before you start the process.
- You should have an unlocked SM-N9005 unit to install the unbranded stock firmware.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
- N9005XXUGBOB6 Android 5.0 Lollipop is for Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 only. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and then install firmware based on the model number.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop N9005XXUGBOB6 on Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005
Step-1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool on your PC
Step-2: Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe with a few other files
Step-3: Power off the Galaxy Note 3
Step-4: Put the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together
Note: Ensure that you have installed proper USB drivers installed on your PC.
Step-5: Run Odin as Administrator on the computer. For this click on the tool then right-click and select Run as Administrator from the drop down menu
Step-6: Connect Galaxy Note 3 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with COM port number. This step might take some time
Step-7: In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file
Step-8: Enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes in Odin. Ensure Re-Partition checkbox is not checked
Step-9: Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take a few minutes to complete
Step-10: When the process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. Once the home screen appears on the phone, disconnect the phone from the computer
New official firmware LRX21V.N9005XXUGBOB6 should now be running on your Note 3.