Amidst the WWE universe chanting "burn it down", Seth Rollins — the Beast Slayer — stomped his way to victory. Weeks after having the daylights beaten out of him by Brock Lesnar, Rollins showed up banged up and bandaged. Rollins managed to defeat Lesnar for the second time to regain the WWE Universal champion title.
Two weeks ago, Lesnar ambushed Rollins during his match with Dolph Ziggler. Lesnar was shown to have beaten Rollins up so bad that he had to be loaded into an ambulance and taken to a hospital. Last week, Rollins showed up on Monday Night Raw with bandaged ribs and a steel chair in hand. Lesnar proceeded to beat up Rollins once more.
At the beginning of the SummerSlam match, it seemed that Lesnar was going to repeat the beating third time in a row. However, Rollins soon took control of the match and with his signature stomps he managed to pin Lesnar. The first time Rollins had defeated Lesnar by resorting to a controversial low blow. This time Rollins defeated Lesnar without the use of any underhanded methods.
With Clash of Champions pay-per-view coming up next month most of the titles remain in the hand of the previous champions:
- Drew Gulak is still the Cruiserweight champion after defeating Oney Lorcan.
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated IIconics to retain Women's Tag-Team title.
- Becky Lynch is still the Raw Women's Champion after defeating Natalya.
- AJ Styles retained the United States Championship by defeating Ricochet.
- Bayley is still the SmackDown Women's Champion post her victory over Ember Moon.
- Kofi Kingston defeated Randy Orton to retain the WWE Championship.
Rollins was the only championship challenger who was successful at the end of the SummerSlam pay-per-view.