Boston Marathon Bombers 'Caught on Camera'
Officials take crime scene photos two days after two explosions hit the Boston Marathon in Boston, Massachusetts. The investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing is focusing on a suspect or suspects believed to have carried heavy bags or backpacks, but entered a third day on Wednesday without any arrests or word on who was responsible.

Two probable suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings have been captured on a local surveillance camera, according to counter-terrorism and law enforcement officials.

The official confirmed that they had spotted a potential suspect leaving a backpack near the finish line, courtesy of a surveillance camera at a nearby department store.

Another federal official told the Chicago Tribune that they had got hold of a second video, or photo, showing two men leaving their backpacks close to the finish line, where two bombs exploded during Monday's race.

Boston City Council President Stephen Murphy said he was unsure whether the suspects have been identified yet, but added that law enforcement officials may be on the verge of arresting someone.

Of those injured in the explosions, 17 have been categorised as being in a critical state, including a five-year-old boy, a nine-year-old girl and a 10-year-old boy.

Earlier, the FBI denied reports of a suspect being arrested. CNN and other media agencies had reported that an arrest had been made.

The FBI clarified the current status by releasing a statement: "Contrary to widespread reporting, there have been no arrests made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack. Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that have been inaccurate."

However, Associated Press reports that the source who leaked the report of a man being arrested insisted it was true, despite the FBI statement.