Several Islamic State (Isis) training centres and weapons storage sites were targeted by Jordanian air force strikes on Thursday (5 February) in the first strikes following the Jordanian pilot, Moaz al-Kasasbeh's death.
Jordan's state TV aired video footage of Thursday's (5 February) strikes with two pilots seen scribbling messages for IS on the missiles.
"For you, the enemies of Islam," read one message.
A military statement said all targets were destroyed though it was not revealed whether the strikes were carried out on IS targets in Syria or Iraq.
The statement, broadcast on state TV, stated: "This is the beginning and you will get to know the Jordanians," adding that the strikes will continue "until we eliminate them [IS]."
Jordan joined the US-led coalition against IS in September last year and has mostly targeted sites in Syria thus far.
Jordan's King visits pilot's family
Jordan's King Abdullah II also paid his condolences to the family of the Jordanian pilot on Thursday (5 February).
The King was seen pointing towards the fighter jets roaring in the skies as he sat with Moaz's father, Safi al-Kasasbeh.
Jordan's King has vowed a "relentless" war against IS following the death of Jordanian pilot Moaz.
"We are waging this war to protect our faith, our values and human principles and our war for their sake will be relentless and will hit them in their own ground," Jordan's King Abdullah II said in a televised statement.