Galaxy S2 I9100 users can now relish an updated version of popular hybrid ROM, Paranoid Android v3.99, which offers the latest Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) features with bug-fixes and enhancements for a unique Android experience. The ROM offers hybrid user-interface (UI) with support for quick toggle between tablet and smartphone UI.
Take a glance at the screenshot below to enjoy the colourful look and feel of the stunning hybrid ROM:
Some of the noteworthy features ported into the new hybrid UI engine include: Per app Layout (switch individual apps between phone and tablet layouts), Per app Size (scale apps individually) and Per app Colour (select statusbar and navbar colours for apps individually).
Here is the list of bug-fixes and feature enhancements added to this ROM to eliminate known issues found in the previous build.
- Advance FC option in setting fixed
- Reverted several experimental commits that cause system lag
- Odexed for better performance
- Merged CyanogenMod (CM) changes
- Fixed DSP Manager
- Bluetooth services are fixed with support for latest soures
- Added Torch functionality
NOTE: The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the international variant - Galaxy S2 I9100 model only. Do not attempt these instructions on any other device, as it may inadvertently brick or damage the device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone by using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup.
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during firmware installation.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if phone is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device is running Android 4.2, then perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Phone
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
- Tap Build number seven times to unlock or reveal hidden Developer Options. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100 via ParanoidAndroid 3.99 ROM
- Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Paranoid Android 3.99 ROM and Google Apps package on the computer.
- Connect the phone to computer with original USB cable and copy the downloaded Paranoid Android ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the phone's SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot it into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Home buttons together and then simultaneously tap the Power button until the green robot icon with a triangle appears on the screen. This confirms entry into Recovery mode.
- Before flashing the new ROM do the following steps in CWM recovery:
> wipe data/factory reset
> wipe cache
> go to "advanced" and perform wipe dalvik cache
> go to "mounts and storage" and format system
- In CWM recovery, click Install Zip from SD card and select the ROM zip file copied earlier to the phone's SD card (repeat this step) for installing Google Apps as well). After selecting the ROM file, allow the ROM to be installed on the device. This process may take about four to five minutes to complete.
- After the device is updated, hit Reboot System Now to reboot the phone into the newly installed ROM.
- Paranoid Android 3.5 ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100. Go to Settings > About Phone to check the firmware version installed.
NOTE: If the device fails to boot or freezes at home screen then remove the battery and reinsert it to boot the device again in normal mode.
Click here to read about how to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.3 via CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM.
[Source: XDA Developers]