The latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) is now available for HTC Desire HD via a custom ROM. This is a CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM 10.1) custom ROM based on the latest version of Jelly Bean. This build is said to bring many custom tweaks and features. Since the ROM is still under development, users may expect a few issues or bugs.
Those who wish to install the ROM can check this guide. IBTimes UK cautions its readers to proceed at their own risk.
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure that USB drivers are installed
- Ensure the device has ClockworkMod recovery installed and has bootloader unlocked
- Ensure the device is rooted
To install Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM on HTC Desire HD:
- Connect the device to the PC and copy downloaded files to the SD card
- Unplug the device and turn the device off
- Boot into Recovery mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons to boot the device into HBOOT menu)
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, choose Backup and Restore > Backup and then return to main Recovery menu)
- Perform a data wipe (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then select Yes to confirm the action). Wait until data wipe is completed and return to main Recovery menu
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Now, browse to the zip file and select it by pressing Power key. Confirm installation by tapping Yes. ROM will begin installing
- Repeat this step but this time select Google Apps package zip file
- Go back to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot the device and boot into ROMYou have now installed Jelly Bean based CM 10.1 ROM on HTC Desire HD.
[Source: Android Jinn]