HTC One X+ runs Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box, but users can now upgrade their device to Android 4.1.2 via Slim Bean custom ROM. Though this Jelly Bean ROM is unofficial, it comes with several custom tweaks and features.
Those looking to install this ROM can check this tutorial, but IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Make sure that USB driver is installed
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the bootloader is unlocked
- Ensure the device has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed and has ADB installed
To install Android 4.1.2 based Slim Bean ROM on HTC One X+
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable and copy the zip files to the device's SD card
- Switch device off and boot into recovery mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons to boot into HBOOT menu)
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM (to do so, select Backup and Restore > Backup and Restore). Return to main Recovery menu after action completes
- Perform a data wipe task (to do so, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes and wait for process to complete). Return to main Recovery menu after action completes
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card. Navigate to and select the ROM zip file and confirm installation by tapping Yes
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps package
- Go back to main Recovery menu and choose Reboot System Now to reboot device and boot into customised Android 4.1.2 ROM.
Android 4.1.2 based Slim Bean custom firmware is installed in your HTC One X+.
[Source: Android Jinn]