The Top 50 restaurants in the world, as identified by Restaurant, a magazine, have been named for 2012 and Copenhagen's Noma, boasting the finest of Nordic cuisine, has won the title for three years in a row, including 2012. The list was populated after opinions from and considering the experiences of over 800 international restaurant industry experts.
Check out the ten best restaurants in the world:
1. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark: Noma is the champion of champions. Known for their "old concept of the amuse bouche", Noma is known for their innovative cooking styles and results and for having given Nordic cuisine a new dimension.
2. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona - Spain: Run by the Roca brothers, the food is as delicious as you'd expect and the style of dressing and presentation, even more so.
3. Mugaritz, San Sebastian - Spain: Mugaritz places considerable emphasis on style and ambience and the restaurant itself has been designed to provide a hungry stomach a good treat and the hungry heart a delight.
4. D.O.M - Soa Paolo, Brazil: The variety of food you get at D.O.M is unforgettable, with the highlight being traditional Brazilian and Amazonian cuisine and exquisite ingredients like cambuca fruit, manioc root and tucupi juice. No wonder the restaurant came up by three spots from last year's list.
5. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy: The restaurant balances tradition and modernity and runs the range of perfectly balanced Italian wines to remarkable presentations of the traditional spaghetti. The restaurant jumped five places from last year's list.
6. Per Se, New York, USA: Located in the heart of Central Perk, Per Se is an ideal choice for dining in the city. The service and the cooking standards of the restaurant are considered incomparable.
7. Alinea, Chicago, USA: One reason why Alinea is so different from most other restaurants is that the "food is techniqueled" - in other words, this restaurant might just be a blueprint for those of the future.
8. Arzak, San Sebastian, Spain: Arzak aims at allowing the food to create a "multi sensory experience" and the wonderful ambience just makes it all the more delicious.
9. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London, England: Historic British recipes are the key to the wonderful food at Heston Blumenthal. The innovative culinary standards and the combination of tradition with modernity is what makes the menu special.
10. Eleven Madison Park, New York, USA: Eleven Madison Park gives you a relaxed experience and quality flavour in their food. Located in New York, the restaurant is an ideal choice for a party as well.