Click here to check out the betting preview for 2016 T20 World Cup
The main stage of the ICC 2016 World Twenty20 commencing from 15 March in India is set to be one hell of a pot boiler with the hosts pitted as favourites to win the series. So, all you sports lovers who would like to go the extra edge by placing your trust on your choice of team or player and also have some fun while doing it, should start gearing up.
IBTimes UK brings to you some of the most popular betting websites to place your bets on:
- Betfair - To download mobile app click here
- Paddy Power - To download mobile click here
- 888Sport - To download mobile app click here
- Bet365 - To download mobile app click here
- Bet Victor - To download mobile app click here
- William Hill - To download mobile app click here
- Coral - To download mobile app click here
- Sports Winner - To download mobile app click here
- Sky Bet - To download mobile app click here
What are the most popular categories to bet for:
- Outright Betting
- Group Outright Betting
- Top Tournament Runscorer
- Top Tournament Wicket Taker
- Top Team Tournament Runscorer
- Top Tournament Six Hitter
- Name The Semi Finalists
- Name The Finalists
- Stage Of Elimination
- To Qualify From Group
- Man Of The Match For Each Match
- Man Of The Tournament
Precautions while selecting your choice of website
While the above mentioned suggestions reflect some of the best websites available for betting in the UK you may want to go ahead and place your bets through any other website of your choice. Here are some major points to check before you make your choice:
- Track record: Most of the cricket betting sites you find will be legit, but there is always a chance that you stumble upon a bookie that will refuse to pay you when you win. To minimise this risk one should ideally choose a site that has been in the business for many years as this often is a sign of a good sports book that has a solid business model
- Depositing and withdrawal methods: No one said betting is a sure shot return on investment and most people do indulge in it for the fun. Having said that you would want your money to be in safe hands and not get stuck in a limbo just figuring out how to transact for each bet you play. So be sure to check the deposit and withdrawal method when choosing a website and the platforms available like debit card, credit card, mobile wallet, net banking etc. While some websites ask for a full deposit prior to the bet being placed others charge less
- Customer support: Always make sure there is enough information on customer support on the website preferably a number that you can call on in case some transaction or bet placing goes wrong. Some websites also offer live support through chat that helps resolve issues faster.
- Recommendations and reviews: Nothing works better than the old word of mouth method when deciding which website to choose for betting. Ask around your friends who are regulars in betting for sports matches but make an informed decision. For mobile apps do check the reviews in the Google and Apple Stores that should give you a fair idea if there are any problems with the apps.
- Other sports: While some websites have a greater track record, in particular sports like football or horse racing or cricket in this scenario, it is advisable to check out the variety of sports offered for betting as it is generally considered a healthy sign.
For full schedule of the ICC tournament and match fixtures, click here.