For Manny Pacquiao, the question of when he will fight Floyd Mayweather Jnr. never quite disappears.
Earlier this week the Filipino fighter announced that his next fight will be to defend his WBO welterweight title against Timothy Bradley at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas on 9 June.
But Pacquiao, who has not been beaten for seven years, revealed that even in his own house, he faces questions about when he is going to fight Mayweather.
"A million times I'm asked that question," Pacquiao is quoted in the New York Daily News. "My son is 11 years old. He says, 'I want you to retire. But before you retire I want you to fight Mayweather and beat him and then retire.'"
Despite his son's interest in the bout, the matchup appears a distant prospect for Pacquiao. The eight-division world champion revealed on Wednesday that he turned down a £25.5m offer to fight Mayweather because he would have been denied any of the pay-per-view money from the clash.
"I was in the Philippines, and I told him, 'We need to make this fight happen," Pacquiao told a press conference on Thursday. "I said I would agree to a 50-50 (split), and he said, "Oh, I'll give you a £25.5m guarantee, and no pay-per-view. I'll take all the pay-per-view.
"I don't accept that offer. It's kind of embarrassing to me. It's trying to take advantage of me. He doesn't want to fight."
Pacquiao is preparing for his welterweight bout with Bradley in June but he reassured boxing fans that he was not contemplating retirement just yet.
"I'm not going to retire yet. But like what I said, I'm not going to stay long in boxing. But right now I have to focus on my fight," he said.