Transformer TF700T aka Transformer Pad Infinity is one of the leading tablets launched by Asus in 2012. Though the tablet shipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) out of the box, Asus recently rolled out its latest Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) official firmware for the device.
There is better news for Transformer Pad Infinity users, as the latest Android 4.3 custom Jelly Bean firmware is now available for the device via CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM. Asus is unlikely to release the latest version of Jelly Bean firmware anytime soon.
Those who cannot wait for the official release of latest Jelly Bean firmware can now install its custom version, using our step-by-step guide given below.
NOTE: Instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T model only. Do not attempt these instructions on any other device, as it may inadvertently brick or damage the device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone by using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup.
- Ensure the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during firmware installation.
- Make sure that the tablet is factory unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if phone is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3 or earlier). If the device is running Android 4.2, then perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > About Tablet
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Build Number
- Tap Build number seven times to unlock or reveal hidden Developer Options. Now, select the checkbox to enable USB Debugging mode under Settings > Developer Options.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T via CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM
- Download Android 4.3 CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and Google Apps package on the computer.
- Connect the tablet to computer with original USB cable and copy the downloaded CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on the device's SD card.
- Power off the tablet and boot it into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Home buttons together and then simultaneously tap the Power button until the green robot icon with a triangle appears on the screen. This confirms entry into Recovery mode.
- Before flashing the new ROM do the following steps in CWM recovery:
> wipe data/factory reset
> wipe cache
> go to "advanced" and perform wipe dalvik cache
> go to "mounts and storage" and format system
- In CWM recovery, click Install Zip from SD card and select the ROM zip file copied earlier to the tablet's SD card (repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well). After selecting the ROM file, allow the ROM to be installed on the device. This process may take about five minutes to complete.
- After the device is updated, hit Reboot System Now to reboot the tablet into the newly installed ROM.
- CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM is now successfully installed on your Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Go to Settings > About Tablet to check the firmware version installed.
Restoring Previous ROM: To return to original ROM, boot into recovery and then select Backup and Restore. Now, restore your previous ROM by choosing it from the list.
[Source: Android Jinn]