Asus Transformer Pad TF300T users can now update to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). But the two custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP will not be compatible after updating the device to Jelly Bean, according to The Android Soul. However, users will still be able to flash the latest versions of CWM or TWRP recovery to help you install custom ROMs even after updating to Jelly Bean.
Take a look at the steps below to install CWM/TWRP recovery on Transformer Pad TF300T on official Jelly Bean firmware. IBTimes UK warns that there is a risk of data damage and advises users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: Ensure your device is running official Jelly Bean. Finally, make sure the bootloader is unlocked on your tablet. To do so, head to the Asus Support page here and select Android in the drop down box, then select Utilities. Download and install Unlock Device App and then use it to unlock the bootloader. IBTimes UK advises users that this procedure will void your warranty and erase the data on your device's SD card. We advise you to make a back-up of all data and APN settings.
- Download Fastboot
- Extract the file to C drive on your PC. You will find a folder named Fastboot with four files inside it
- Download TWRP or CWM recovery based on your requirement
- Copy tf300t-jb.blob or CWM-Touch.blob file to the Fastboot folder
- Turn off the tablet. To do so, press and hold Power buttons until you see a message on the screen which says "Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s). Press Volume button within five seconds until you see a new menu.
- Open Start menu > All Programs > Accessories and then right-click on Command prompt and click on "Run as administrator"
- Type the following commands to flash the recovery:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery tf300t-jb.blob (CWM-Touch if using CWM recovery)
- After completing of flash, you will see a Finished / OKAY message in command prompt
- Finally, press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons to reboot the tablet
TWRP/CWM recovery is now installed on your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T on Jelly Bean.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]