Though the United Nations has declared 30 July as International Friendship Day, people across many countries prefer to celebrate every first Sunday of August as Friendship Day. This year the day falls on 6 August.
On this special day, people celebrate the eternal bond by expressing their gratitude towards the special person in their life who uplifted them in sorrow and shared their success like their own. Here are top 10 quotes to commemorate the everlasting bond of friendship to share with.
1. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." — Walter Winchell
2. "Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet, and two others at first speech are old friends." — Mary Catherwood
3. "I might give my life for my friend, but he had better not ask me to do up a parcel." — Logan Pearsall Smith
4. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one." — C S Lewis
5. "Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes." — Henry David Thoreau
6. "A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have." — Irish Proverb
7. "Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing." ― Elie Wiesel
8. The strong bond of friendship is not always a balanced equation; friendship is not always about giving and taking in equal shares. Instead, friendship is grounded in a feeling that you know exactly who will be there for you when you need something, no matter what or when. — Simon Sinek
9. A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. — William Penn
10. Where would you be without friends? The people to pick you up when you need lifting? We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends - your own chosen family. There's nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing. — Jennifer Aniston